A little bit of hopeless

I don't pretend to be sorry for my situation, far from it. I just take time to reflect where I am at.  It has been a long road so far. Some straight and narrows with quite a few curves and bumps along the way. I'm a mother of 4 and a wife. I have a job as does my husband. My oldest started college at a wonderful school in Hollywood this year and my oldest son will be graduating basic training at the end of this month serving in the Army National Guard. I still have 2 at home, a son and a daughter in middle school and grade school.

As I look at my life and care for my children, I can't help but wish I could give them more. With this I must explain. Due to job losses and subsequent home loss, we were forced to be homeless a few years ago for a few months ( we camped on a family members property). Thankfully we were ably to get new jobs and into a house. A few years ago. But I cannot call it a home, because I do not love it. This was a desperate hose for a desperate situation and while we would love to move, we cannot afford to. We pay 865 dollars a month for this double wide trailer that was built in the early 70's. There is a 2 inch gap under my front door that I block with a rolled up blanket, there aren't any window dolls on any of the bedroom windows , the 2 bathroom widows have never closed and we have plastic covering them as well as most others because they leak fiercly, the roof leaks into the attic space and there is black mold . My back door has always had a missing window so we put a pice of wood in the hole and covered with plastic.
These are but a few of the problems.
But with it all we try and make the best of things.  I am concerned though because every one of us have respiratory issues due to theold and my baby girl has dark under eyes circles due to a chronic congestion issue. All of us have some sort of ailment leading to this house.
I am not writing to complain, I need to vent. I stay strong for my family and am always looking for a better answer.
They say that money can't solve problems. In this case it sure can. As I said, we cannot afford to move. This is one of the cheapest houses to rent, we have been looking to buy, but again, we cannot afford to. When my husband went through his roller coaster of job loss, both of our credit got hit hard.
So we are just kinda stuck.
I still have hopes and dreams.
And I have the courage to carry out them, I jut need the means to do so.

Comments